Sunday 18 December 2011

Week 1 : Introduction About Computers


In this session, we introduced ourselves. We gave some info about ourselves. It was just an ice breaking. Our lecturer just wanted to know our names and our countries. After that, we talked about what we knew about Information, Communication, and Technology. Some of us told about definition of IT. Some others mentioned about internet and so on. The last, we had to create a blog for our study. This blog will be a media for us to share the knowledge about what we had learnt in the class. We also should submit our report about what were happening for previous classes. It was like a diary. We should report it weekly. Overall, this session was about some information regarding our course.
By the way, I tried to create this blog on this day. We were given some time to create our blog. For those who already had a blog, were advised to create a new one because this blog would be about our course. Luckily, I could finish creating this blog after the class. For the lecturer, I like his lecturing style. We students involved in his lecturing, because he often asked us some question based on our topic. We also could share our knowledge about computer and technology or even only gave some comments about computer.
At this time, we learnt about various things, such as: introduction the names of the software, hardware, some jargons in computer, and number systems. For the software and hardware, we did not spend much time. It was just to know the name of those things. For number system, we spent a plenty of time, because we needed to know these number systems.
Any way, I brought my computer book from Indonesia. I had learnt a little about computer when I was at high school. It helped me so much. I opened that book when Mr. Azhar explained the Introduction to Computers and Internet course. After opening that book, I re-opened my knowledge about binary number at that time. It was very nice to learn computer. Even, computer was my favourite subject when I was at high school.
For me, I got some problem with numbers. I got confused how to convert from one number system to another number system. Even, when I tried to answer the question on the book, I only got one answer out of 3 questions. Then, for jargon/term about computer, I also got a little confused. However, I knew that point later on. First, I guest that jargon meant something related to internet. After that, I realized that jargon meant that some special words which was used for computer, such as: mouse, keyboard, etc. It was very simple.

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment