Sunday 2 October 2016

Volunteer: Turgev-Albukhary Language and Culture

Become volunteer is not something new for me. I've been joining some programs as volunteer. Basically, I like to do something as my heart feel would like to do. There are not much people who work like a donkey without getting paid. I just want to be myself and do what I suppose to do.

Currently, Albukhary Foundation had collaboration with TURGEV Foundation conducted English and Language Camp for about 204 students from Turkey at Albukhary International University, Alor Setar, Malaysia.

Albukhary Foundation is non-profit organisation based in Malaysia which spreads humanity and values to the people of the world. It was founded by Malaysian businessman Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Albukhary, to give form and structure to the charitable activities that has undertaken from the day he set up his first company in 1974. Furthermore, TURGEV Foundation has made a way to grow teenagers who are  entrepreneur, have been sustaining wealth around globe with 8166 students and with the 1584 graduates gave in 20 years.

Both project stakeholders have aim to support for both developing foreign language and increasing to cultural global interactions by this education program which were arranged by TÜRGEV and Albukhary foundation in Malaysia. In another words, they were doing intensive English class for a month in Albukhary International University (AiU).

In fact, I'm the scholar of Albukhary Foundation since 2011. Therefore, there's no question for me to join any volunteering programs as the way to pay back to the society as my Foundation does.

This program also gave me another chance to interact directly with people from Turkey. Where there's no boundary such as media or 'heard from people' how the Turkish looks like. 

I was happy that most of them were very cool and generous people. They taught me Turkish language in some phrases and idioms. Moreover, they were nationalist and very proud of their country. That's what make Turkey became strong and unite.

Indeed, some problems were happening as part of the cultural activities. I wasn't shocked when they complain about the food was sweet, spicy or less amount. I've been experiencing before with my other friends from Kosovo or Albania. Day-by-day they would adapt with it and it's part of learning the Malaysian culture.

Luckily, in this program the food wasnt completely Malaysian delight. Most of the time the foods were western food. Yet, some of them had experience of testing Nasi Lemak, rambutan and durian; the King of the fruits. 

That's very unforgettable moment to be with you!! Hope to see you guys in Turkey. Now, I need to settle with my lecturer in campus because skipping the classes for the past two weeks. 😂 

Sorry if we did something wrong, we are just human who always do mistakes and keep learning.

Memnun Oldum ve görusürüz!
(Nice to meet you and see you again)


11.44 pm September, 11th 2016
Convocation Hall, AiU 
Share:

1 comment: